Thursday 9 February 2012

Cup of tea anyone?

I've managed to achieve something already in 2012. A finished quilt! Granted its actually a tiny coaster (or mug rug to Americans) but its made and quilted none the same so counts as a quilt in my world.
It was actually an experiment. I just got a Dresden ruler and I'm rather keen on making a full Dresden plate quilt so this was a good trial of using that and it was also a chance to test out the new sewing machine at appliqué! I think the tiny blanket stitch I used looks rather fab and much better then when I made cushions for my grandparents on my old sewing machine. Being able to limit the speed and keep the needle down really helps.
In use

yes, my sewing area is that dark!


I've also finally received all the fabric I need for my friends quilt so I can finally start making it. Just need to pluck up the courage to cut into the nice fabric. Oh dear.

Don't worry - I actually have rather a lot more of the cream since it's the background colour

Let's see how far I get in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment