Sunday 29 January 2012

What have I become?

I promised a friend a quilt for her birthday and it's just dawned on me that I actually have become everything I thought I'd never be with regards to quilting. I always thought those people with vast quantities of pretty fabric at home and several sewing machines were crazy. I've become one of them!!!

Even more worryingly even though I have a slightly large stash of fabric now I'm struggling to find fabric for her quilt (well, she would want bright and plain ish when I seem to have mostly purple, aqua and pink patterns) I'll have to buy more fabric. Oops.


Ive also, although not totally my fault, become one of those people with several sewing machines. How??
I have my old singer one that belonged to my gran then mum, a brother embroidery machine that kinda appeared when my other gran upgraded her stuff and just randomly sent it with my dad for me from the opposite end of the country, and I have my new sewing machine that I bought just after Xmas and am still trying to work out (in -all fairness I got it because the singer has lost most the fashion disks and accessories that came with it so all I can do is sew in straight lines and zig zags).

Oh well. I'd probably best make like the quilter and sewing addict I've become and make something!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment