Saturday 26 June 2010

More quilting...

Not done any more quilting since last time but I have been looking around on the net for more patterns and at the pretty fabric.
I found a pretty pattern I wouldn't mind trying with the moda freebird jelly rolls but I'm not feeling quite rich enough for that yet. They are so much cheaper over in the US :(.
I found a site with gorgeous african fabric and have really had to hold back on ordering some of the kits and fabric from there too. It's all so pretty! I have to keep reminding myself to just go 1 step at a time.
My other amazing discovery is on the V&A museum site there is a tool that lets you turn photos into quilt patterns. I've been playing all night! The dog doesn't look so good quilted but my picture of the gryffin (or winged lion) statue in Pierrefonds castle that I took in April looks rather good. May have to give that a try (again, must remember not to try to run before walking!) Hopefully this link to see it works.
At the end of all this I"ve yet to work out what I'm going to do next. I'm so indecisive. May use the spotty Ikea fabric to make a variety of patterns and create a small sampler. That would be the obvious thing to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment