Sunday 20 June 2010

The daunting 1st post

I guess I should use the first post here to tell you all a bit about me!
Let's start with the basics. I'm Alex, I'm 25 and I'm from Newcastle (the proper one in North east England - not the fake one down south...)
I'm currently unemployed so always on a job hunt. I'm also a Guide and Ranger leader so I spend at least 3 hours each week working with girls and young women aged between 10 and 26! The younger ones are just scary. This year I'm taking a group of Guides to the big Girlguiding centenary camp at Harewood house in Yorkshire. I can't wait!
My hobbies include reading, geocaching and listening to music. I have also taken up a new hobby too - one which I hope to blog about. For my Queens Guide skill I"m learning how to quilt! For those who aren't in the know Queens Guide is essentially the Girlguiding equivalent of the Gold Duke of Edinburgh (DofE). Over a year I'm meant to do 60 hours.
I think that's about it for now. I'll do a different post with an update on the quilting (part of my reason for starting this blog is so that I can hopefully get a bit of encouragement and poking with the quilting).

No comments:

Post a Comment